"Plastic Limit Order" Overview
2019-03-19 09:19 Tuesday
Plastic bag is a daily consumable, and a large number of plastic bags are consumed every year in our country, which brought serious environmental pollution and waste of resources. To improve the problem, the State Council, China's cabinet, issued a ban on plastic bags in 2007.
What is the "Plastic Limit Order"?
On December 31, 2007, the State Council issued a notice known as the "Plastic Limit Order" and officially implemented from June 1, 2008. The notice applies mainly to the production and sale of plastic shopping bags, with the aim of limiting and reducing the use of plastic bags and curbing " white pollution".
Implementation Effect of "Plastic Limit Order"
From 2008 to 2003, the implementation effect of "Plastic Limit Order" was very significant. According to a survey conducted by the National Development and Reform Commission in 2013, the use of plastic shopping bags in supermarkets and shopping malls generally decreased by two-thirds from 2008 to 2013.
But after 2013, the effect weakened. With the development of e-commerce, express delivery, take-out and other new business forms, the consumption of plastic food boxes and packaging has increased rapidly, which has caused new pressure on resources and environment.
"Plastic Limit Order" Upgraded
1. Do a good job in the implementation of "Plastic Limit Order", solve the problem of white pollution systematically, strengthen the environmental supervision of waste plastic recycling process, and encourage the environmental recycling of waste plastic bags;
2. Bring e-commerce, express delivery, take-out and other emerging fields into the scope of control, promote enterprises to use all kinds of green and environment-friendly packaging materials, and limit excessive packaging;
3. Cooperate with market supervision and other departments to innovate law enforcement methods, increase law enforcement efforts, and bring illegal companies into joint punishment;
4. Promote recyclable and biodegradable materials and other alternative products with perfect technology and mature industry;
5. To advocate garbage classification, limit consumer behavior and increase the cost of using plastic bags.