Home > News Center > article

The Promising Aseptic Packaging Market

2018-11-07 09:25 Wednesday


According to a recent report, a "2025 Global Opportunity Analysis and Prediction of Aseptic Packaging Applications", the market size for aseptic packaging is expected to grow from $39.9 billion in 2017 to $76.8 billion in 2025, with an average annual compound growth rate of 8.5% from 2018 to 2025.

aseptic packaging

The growth of the aseptic packaging market is due to increased demand for medicine, changing preferences for food preservatives, continued development in the dairy, b instant food, and  packaging industries. The market is expected to grow rapidly in emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific Region and South America.

The Box Sector is Projected to Dominate the Market by 2025

The food and beverage, dairy, and pharmaceutical industries have spurred high demand for aseptic carton packaging. Packaging is available in various sizes-ranging from 150 milliliters to 2 liters. Although many new packaging designs and shapes have recently entered the market, aseptic cartons still use the traditional block shape because this makes them easier to stack and store efficiently.

Paper and Cardboard Materials have the Most Promise

Paper and cardboard are the most commonly used materials in the global packaging industry. About 95% of paper is made from wood, and the remaining 5% is made from agricultural byproducts such as bagasse, and wheat straws. The annual compound growth rate of the paper and cardboard market for aseptic packaging in the Asia Pacific Region is expected to increase from 2018 to 2025.  Urbanization and higher consumption of instant foods are the primary reasons behind the strong projected growth. Europe and North America have strict regulations environmentally-friendly products, which is a another major factor that has contributed to growth in the market.

Beverage Packaging will be the Fastest-growing Sector

With the rapid growth in consumption of packaged milk products, beverage applications are expected to occupy the largest share in the sterile packaging market. Aseptic packaging can maintain the nutrition and safety of milk while also extending its shelf life. The Asia Pacific Region is projected as in the fastest-growing beverage market, and is experiencing growth in consumption of  dairy products, fruit juice and alcohol.

The Asia-Pacific Region has taken a Leading Role

The aseptic packaging market has grown fastest recently in the Asia Pacific Region. Asia-Pacific countries accounted for more than one-third of global GDP, according to a paper published in February 2015 by World Economics, and  China is the region's fastest-growing country due to urbanization and increased consumer demand for instant products. India, the region's other major developing economy, same seen similar developments, and likewise contributed to the growth of the aseptic packaging market.

Related Reading